Creating and editing products
Creating a product on The3dStudio.com is easy, just follow these steps:
- Start by clicking Seller Home link at the top of the screen.
- Go to Create Products page. You will see a list of all files in your upload folder.
- Find the file you want to turn into a product--this is usually the main file for that product. (You will be able to associate other files and images with this product on the next screen.)
- Click the Create Product button.
You are now creating a product!
- Fill out the form: Enter name, keywords, and descriptions, and select categories. Note: You cannot enter any HTML, email addresses, URLs or any other contact information on this page or in preview files if you use them.
- If you want to link to another of your products already on The3dStudio.com, you must add the following code in the Full Description box: [product]123456[/product] (Note: 123456 is the Product ID of the product you want to link to. This is useful if you have two similar products to show a customer, or if you want to include one product within a "bundle" product.)
- Scroll down to add multiple files. Example: If your product is a car model in both .3ds and .max formats, you would add those extra files here. It’s best to use a separate ZIP file for each file type. In this example, you would add one ZIP file for the .3ds model and another ZIP file for the .max model.
- Select a file type from the drop down list for each file you add to the product. Add the version information if applicable. Example: If the product is a 3ds max model made in R5 of 3ds max, you would enter R5 in the text box for that file.
- Now add product specific information. Example: If the product is a texture, you could add width and height. If the product is a model you could add polygon count, etc.
- Next you will work with the preview image list. You must include at least one preview image for each product. You can additional images for each product if you wish--select the images you want from the list box.
- You can watermark images to prevent someone from using a preview image in their scene. It is not necessary to watermark every image—just the images that could be used without buying the product. This could be useful if you are selling a texture.
- If you are adding a Stock Photo / Image the process is even easier and faster and the form is simplified.
- When you are done, click the submit button. The confirmation page will show a link to your new product. Some products (such as gallery art) require our approval before they appear on the site. This is usually done within 48 hours.