Looking to make and sell models that can be printed on 3D printers? Then take a look at the requirements for making a printable model...
- Keep your polygon counts low and clean and avoid using quads whenever possible.
- Model must be made to 1:1 scale, we suggest using mm for units.
- Make sure the model is fully close and has no open holes left in it.
- Be sure that all parts of the model have a sufficient thickness (no smaller than 0.6 mm) and avoid very thin lines and parts.
- Make sure that all objects in your model are attached to each other or considering "wrapping" it via the Wrapit plugin for 3ds max.
- Export your model to STL format (you MUST include an STL format to list your model as printable).
- Check your STL model for errors. Try a program like Magics or MiniMagics.
NOTE: If you mark your model as being "printable" you must be sure it is truly print ready to avoid customer returns.