Finally, it’s finally here! The day I am finally able to talk about some absolutely amazing news for The3dStudio.com and all of our wonderful members. It’s a day that was 15 years in the making and well worth the wait! So what’s the big deal? 3D System Corporation (NASDAQ:TDSC) has acquired The3dStudio.com, Inc. (press release here)
Yup, like I said, it’s a big deal. I never started The3dStudio.com with this sort of thing in mind, it was just a hobby back in the day (circa 1996) and that hobby grew out of control and turned into a full time business. A few years back that full time business then grew further out of control and I brought in several of my family members to help out.
But it never stopped growing and then one recent day the planets aligned and I received an email that turned into a phone call that turned into a meeting with the great folks at 3D Systems and the rest is sort of a beautiful blur. In no time at all we realized that we had a lot in common with 3D Systems
and their “family” thinks just like our family and the rest is now history.
For any conspiracy theorists out there, please remove your tinfoil hats for a minute and allow me to explain a couple of key points to put you at ease…
- If you sell with us on The3dStudio.com then your royalties stay the same! That’s right, nothing changes there. We’ve guaranteed that our sellers keep their royalty rate before and that’s still the case. Refreshing honesty is hard to beat and that’s been our secret sauce from day one.
- It’s just another day at The3dStudio.com so the family (Matt, Tracy, Lisa, Beth, and Kevin) is still here and will remain here, we’re still doing what we’ve always done, and we’re still intensely focused on customer service and support. It’s truly business as usual for you and us.
- Our core values haven’t changed and they never will and 3D Systems is one of those rare groups of people that have the same exact philosophy as us so it’s the perfect marriage. Keep in mind that we were a privately owned company and wouldn’t have made this move if it wasn’t the right thing to do. We chose to do this to improve and grow The3dStudio.com!
- As part of this partnership with 3D Systems we will be opening up to many larger markets than we ever would have had access to before and that leads to many new sales opportunities for your products and many new products for our customers.
- As a large and successful company with amazing leadership, 3D Systems has the resources we need to grow and expand in all areas. All of the ideas and dreams we’ve had for The3dStudio.com can now become a reality light years sooner than we had previously planned!
If you are not familiar with 3D Systems you should check out their main website
. They have a lot going on but their obvious talent is in the world of 3D printing. This is that star trek world we’ve all been waiting for where you can literally print your own models, toys, parts, and so on. Take that cool 3D Model and print it into a model you can physically hold in your hand. It’s a process that will turn even the most curmudgeoned
of adults into smiling kids when they see it in action. It’s the future and the future is here now…and The3dStudio.com is a big part of that future and now you are as well.
As always, we’ll all still be here to work with you and keep you updated on the future of The3dStudio.com and I’ll do my best to answer all questions and concerns as honestly and openly as I always have. There are lots of great things cooking in the oven right now so stay tuned for more! We’ve truly arrived and we couldn’t have done this without YOUR help…rest assured that is something we know very well and will never forget.
So please stay tuned for more updates as we move forward. In the meantime, feel free to leave your on-topic-comments right here in this post.